Thursday, October 06, 2005

If you can hold a fork you can go to York

Man...school is a drag so far. I mean I was expecting UNIVERSITY not college all over again. I mean seriously should you have to explain to people what the WTO, IMF and World Bank are in a FOURTH YEAR WOMEN IN DEVELOPMENT class!!! Not to sound condesending its just that I learned that shit 3 years ago...why didnt they? And why am I paying 4grand to learn the same shit all over again? I have yet to learn anything new in any of my classes. I feel like the kid who should have skipped a grade but was held back...it sux. To make matters worse no one writes political grafiti on the bathroom stalls. There is a HUGE add for birth control on the back of every bathroom stall door at York. i watched for a week as no one questioned this or challenged it. MAN! At cap that shit would've been covered in anti-corporate, pro-feminist/womens health grafiti before you could bat an eye. So I have taken it on myself to draw womens symbols over as many i can in a day....hoping to incourage bathroom dialouge other than "oh my god look at my new purse/Ipod/lipstick/shoes...." And the Womens Centre is sooo frustrating to work with they are not on the ball, procrastinate too much and are really bad about getting back to people. They asked me to design posters and organize speakers for their open house by thursday. Well today is thursday, all the info has long since been mailed off, and they havnt gotten back to me. Mean while I have speakers wanting to now more info and no info coming at me.....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Today I feel like shit and I REALLY miss Cap College! It may have been a community college with only 1st and 2nd year corses but i learned waaaaaay more there and found inspiration in its hallways!

No comments: