Sunday, September 11, 2005

Well that didn't take long...


Wow! I lasted a whole 3 weeks at a certain corporate coffee shop (hey I don't wanna get sued!) before I wanted to kill myself...I gave a weeks notice yesterday. Suzie feel free to do your little happy dance. Yeah it was so not for me, waaaaaaaaaaay to corporate and I know some of you are thinking "duh!" but I was broke, and no one else in this city was gonna offer me a job so I took it. But man oh man...I do not jive with the corporate work enviro, dress codes, time clocks....BAH! At my other job our 'till' is a desk drawer and we write our receipts by hand for chirsts sake! And it suits me just fine. I just cant flow with the whole "one right way" thing. One right way to make a burger, one right way to make a latte, one right way to rule the world.....If any of you have read Ishmael you'll now what I am talking about. It is the doom of our culture and of the planet itself. Yes even something as little as the "one right way to make a latte". There is no one right way to live, eat or breath...It doesn't exist. Humans are the only creatures to think this way and it is what is killing us. This "one right way" mentality only calculates efficiency and productivity as beneficial no matter what the cost. Garbage, toxic waste, backroom corporate deals are all necessary if they are following the "one right way". If this seems a lil abstract to you I suggest you read Ishmael by Daniel Quinn, it is an amazing book that has drastically changed the way I view the world.

(so anyways yeah, the leftist leaning feminist in me kicked my ass and made me quit...She's so cool!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!
No more corporate!
Loving you babe, Adam says he misses you!
xoxoxoxox